President's Clinton's Rogues Gallery
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (JOHN EMERY)
Subject: rogues gallery
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 1996 13:14:52 GMT
Organization: UltraNet Communications, Inc.
Since Slick and Hillary Robem Cheatem took office:
NEW SINCE LAST POST:
LEST WE FORGET:
- Lee Brown, Drug Policy Director, resigned.
- Vince Foster Committed suicide.
- Les Aspin resigned as Secretary of Defense.
- Bernie Nussbaum, White House counsel resigned
- Lloyd Cutler, White House counsel resigned (Lloyd had set a specificate date when he would leave the office)
- Abner Mikva, White House Counsel, resigned. Abner is the third White House counsel to resign.
- Webb Hubbell resigned as Associate Attornery General.
- Webb Hubbell, former Associate Attorney General, who had pleaded guilty to Federal charges of mail fraud and tax evasion, was sentenced on June 28, to serve 21 months in jail.
- Webster Hubbell, former Associate Attorney General subpoenaed for White Wate investigation, November '95
- Bobby Ray Inman resigned before being confirmed as Sec. of Defense
- Mac Maclarty resigned and was reassigned
- Kristine Gebbe resigned as AIDS Planning Coordinator
- Lloyd Bentsen resigned as Secretary of the Treasury.
- Roger Altman resigned as Deputy Secretary of the Treasury.
- Jean Hansen resigned from the Treasury Department
- James Woolsey resigned as Director of CIA.
- Dee Dee Myers resigned as press secretary.
- Mike Espy resigned as Secretary of Agriculture, and is under Federal investigation.
- Mathew Miller resigned as Chief of Staff, Office of Management and Budget.
- Dante Caputo resigned from U.N. commission over Haitian policy
- Stephan Walker resigned from the State Department over Bosnia policy.
- Marshall Harris resigned from the State Department over Bosnia policy.
- Dennis Hayes,Coordinator for Cuban Affairs, State Department, asked for reassignment to protest Clinton's Cuban policy.
- Nancy Mason,Deputy Coordinator for Cuban Affairs, State Department, asked for reassignment to protest Clinton's Cuban policy.
- David Gergen resigned.
- J. Veronica Biggins resigned as White House Director of Presidential Personnel.
- Clifford Wharton, Deputy Secretary of State, resigned.
- Victor Jackovich, U.S. Ambassador to Bosnia, resigned.
- Joycelyn Elders was fired as Surgeon General.
- Peter Kostmayer, former Pennsylvania congressman, fired as head of the mid-Atlantic division of the EPA.
- David Watkins, White House Administration, fired for using helicopters
- David Watkins, to settle a sexual harassment charge, was allowed to pay the the person $37,500 from Clinton's '92 campaign fund.
- David Watkins was subpoenaed by Whitewater investigators.
- David Wilhelm was demoted as chairman of the DNC.
- Bruce Babbitt, Secretary of the Interior, was fined $21,000 for violating the election campaign financing law. (May 12, 1995)
- William Kennedy III was demoted for Nanny Gate
- Harold Ickes was subpoenaed by Whitewater Grand Jury
- Neil Eggleston, former White House Associate White House Counsel, subpoenaed by Whitewater investigators November '95
- Lloyd Cutler, former White House Counsel, subpoenaed by Whitewater investigators, November '95
- George Stephanopoulis was subpoenaed
- Lisa Caputo was subpoenaed
- Patsy Thomasson, White House Aide (her third subpoena for White Water) Subpoenaed for White Water
- Bruce LIndsay, deputy White House counsel subpoenaed by Senate White Water Committee, Nov. '95
- President and Mrs. Clinton's records subpoenaed by Senate White Water Committee, Nov. '95
- Maggie Williams, Hillary's Chief of Staff subpoenaed by Senate White Water Committee, Nov. "95, Dec. '95
- President Bill Clinton was charged in a law suit with sexual harassment
- President Bill Clinton and wife Hillary gave private testimony to Whitewater special prosecutor.
- Henry Cisneros, Secretary of Housing and Urban Development settled a law suit by former lover Linda Medlar, out of court for $49,000.00.
- Henry Cisneros is under Federal Investigation
- Daniel S. Pearson was named independent counsel Thursday July 6, to investigate the finances of Commerce Secretary, RON BROWN.
- Roger Johnson, Chairman of the General Services Administration is under investigation by the IG. (Unfortunately, Roger is the highest ranking Republican Clinton has appointed).
- Richard Nuccio, special advisor to President Clinton for Cuba, is under criminal investigation for allegedly divulging classified information about CIA activities
- Hazel O'Leary, Secretary of the Department of Energy, is under investigation by the IG for excessive travel charges.
- General Michael Carns withdrew from consideration as head of CIA due to compensation of a Filipino worker.
- The Justice Department is seeking indictments in the Agriculture Department against employees who illegally collected donations to the '92 Clinton Campaign.
- Dr. Henry Foster's nomination as Surgeon General, did not receive enough support in the Senate, to force a confirmation vote. Effectively killing the nomination.
- Zoe Baird, name withdrawn for Attorney General, NannyGate
- Kimba Wood, name withdrawn for Attorney General, NannyGate
- Lani Guinier, name withdrawn as head of Justice Department's Civil Rights
I belive that this post orginally came from:
John B. Turner
The First Couple Home Page