Real Men, and other gamer types in Shadowrun
- Real Men play Orks.
- Real Roleplayers play Dwarfs.
- Loonies play Sasquatches.
- Munchkins play Vampires.
- Real Men like extractions.
- Real Roleplayers like undercover operations.
- Loonies like working the counter at Stuffer Shack.
- Munchkins like political insurrections, but only if they get to run the country afterward.
- Real Men like go-gangs.
- Real Roleplayers like policlubs.
- Loonies like DocWagon.
- Munchkins like Aztlan.
Approach to the Run:
- Real Men scout out the territory, make a stealthy beeline to the objective, blast their way out and speed away from the scene.
- Real Roleplayers get in under disguise, jigger the security systems and slip out in a delivery van.
- Loonies go up to the front desk and announce, "Candygram!"
- Munchkins blow away the guards, get what they came for, blow away the cops and go home
How They Dress:
- Real Men wear Armor Jackets over their street clothes.
- Real Roleplayers wear corporate suits, tribal garb and neohippie outfits over their Form-Fitting Body Armor.
- Loonies wear Lined Coats over nothing at all.
- Munchkins wear Full Heavy Armor and Gyro-mount harnesses for a stroll down Main Street
Favorite Social Skill:
- Real Men like Interrogate.
- Real Roleplayers like Negotiate.
- Loonies like Etiquette (Zoo Animal).
- Munchkins don't waste points on Social Skills.
- Real Men like their Armorer.
- Real Roleplayers like their Bartender.
- Loonies like their Rotary Club Habitue.
- Munchkins like the High Prince of Tir Tairngire.
- Real Men like katanas, Ares Predators and Ingram Smartguns.
- Real Roleplayers like shuriken, Narcoject guns and sniper rifles.
- Loonies like Tiffani Self-Defenders on Gyro-mounts and Ares Squirts filled with disappearing ink.
- Munchkins like Dikote monofilament whips, assault cannons with APDS ammo and recoilless Vindicator miniguns.
- Real Men like Smartgun Links.
- Real Roleplayers like Voice Modulators.
- Loonies like the Sears Handi-Craftsman cyberarm power tool assortment.
- Munchkins like it all, preferably beta-grade.
- Real Men like Harley Scorpions.
- Real Roleplayers like Ford Americars, heavily customized.
- Loonies like Winnebagos.
- Munchkins prefer GMC Banshees, but a Citymaster will do in a pinch.
- Real Men like Mana Bolt.
- Real Roleplayers like Mask.
- Loonies like Mana Tickle and Ram vs. Bowling Pins.
- Munchkins like Turn to Goo, even though it was taken out of the 2nd Edition.
- Real Men like Wolf.
- Real Roleplayers like Raccoon.
- Loonies like Roadrunner.
- Munchkins like Owl.
Favorite Thing About 2nd Edition:
- Real Men like the new combat rules.
- Real Roleplayers like the new Metahuman allergy rules.
- Loonies like the new Laubenstein color illustration with all the weirdos piled into a truck.
- Munchkins like the new loopholes.
Biggest Problem with 2nd Edition:
- Real Men don't like that Karma autosuccesses are gone.
- Real Roleplayers don't like that the list of 2050s slang is gone.
- Loonies don't like that the "Food Fight" scenario is gone.
- Munchkins don't like that the Turn to Goo spell is gone.
Matt Murray [real man]
Keith Ammann and Jason Seifert [real roleplayers]
Derek Becker [loony]
Chris Kulander [munchkin]
Space Vermin Shadowrun Page
Eclipse's RPG Links